Saturday, March 08, 2008

Beautiful Letdown - Jesus Be My Only Satisfaction

"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope." Martin Luther King Jr.

This is a powerful quote. One worth thinking, pondering and meditating upon. Everything in this world can fail us at any given moment. But there is one thing that will never fail us, that is the Love of God. I remember once, when I was at the end of my rope, everything in my life had fallen apart. I lost everything it seemed. My closest friends had betrayed me, my reputation was shattered, my job was lost, my first love (girlfriend) had left me, my family was divided, my heart wast torn, my church had accused me of things I had not done, my ministry was quickly fading away, I was at the end of myself. Anything, that had given me satisfaction, significance or worth had failed me. I knew Jesus was asking me a simple question, "Jaeson will you make Me your only satisfaction?" I struggled with that question for weeks, until I finally surrendered and prayed, "Jesus be my only satisfaction." It was then, when I was interviewing this now popular band "Switchfoot" I asked the lead singer Jon Foreman, "So why did you all name the new album 'Beautiful Letdown' ? He said, "That's a good question. You see, anything in this world can let you down. This chair I'm sitting on can break on me. I can sing in a few minutes, but the next minute I could lose my voice forever, I could come home and find out my wife has been cheating on me, anything can let you down. But you know what is beautiful about it? Is that when all the things of this world let you down, it leads you to that one thing that is truly beautiful, the Love of God. You see everything in this world is finite Jaeson, but only one thing is infinite, the never failing, always constant, unconditional love of Jesus Christ."

More and more, do I see that everything in this life, leads me back to that one thing, knowing and enjoying the fact that I am eternally loved by my Father in heaven. Everything in this world can fail you, but only one thing will not, God's love, for He is love and this love will never end, it is eternal and it is mine, it is yours. Just take it =) When all hope is gone, hope against all hope, God will see you through my friends, let Jesus be your only satisfaction.

16 Comments:

At 3/08/2008 03:05:00 PM , Blogger Tim Paulsen said...

Amen-words full of truth.

 
At 3/08/2008 03:39:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks so much for this entry jaeson! i was feeling extremely discouraged and it just feels im being attacked all around since last thursday. was losing hope, my heart feels like its gonna fail me. thanks anyhow - yes we do have infinite hope in Jesus and God's love won't fail even if everything else falls apart. can ya lift up a little prayer for me too? Thanks!! ;) Sarah from ozzie.

 
At 3/08/2008 10:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow thanks for this

 
At 3/09/2008 06:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word brotha. :D

 
At 3/09/2008 08:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jaeson,

I feel vr amazed by your commitment for your blog, it has always been a blessing for me everytime i open it.

I'll promote your blog everywhere
=) .

take care
Rina

 
At 3/10/2008 01:06:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tahk you, Jaeson.
The article totally comforts me.
Chia-Jou Lin

 
At 3/10/2008 01:08:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Jaeson!
The article is good.
It comforts me and gives me strength.

God bless!!
Chia-Jou Lin

 
At 3/10/2008 01:10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jaeson!
The article is great.
It totally comforts me and gives me strength.

God bless,
Chia-Jou Lin

 
At 3/11/2008 01:54:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jaeson!
I didn't mean to post so many comments.
I'm sorry~


God bless,
Chia-Jou Lin

 
At 3/11/2008 02:01:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello,Jaeson
it is such a wonderful encouragement to many of us, i guess. yet, i was wandering: did you experience sth that let u down recently? if you had, hope you'd got through it and be joyful in hope, as Paul said. Some words for you:" Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass."

 
At 3/11/2008 12:59:00 PM , Blogger Mike Morabito said...

Thanks Jaeson! That album has given me encouragement many of times, thanks for providing even deeper insight into the meaning behind it.

-Mike

 
At 3/11/2008 06:25:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just came back from a 1-day personal retreat and read this, and i was convicted. i'm a person whose faith in God is based in results.

my parents believe in the existence of God but don't seek Him, and my sisters are saved but were hurt by people at my former church and have fallen away. i've prayed for several years for them to give their lives to God but nothing seems to be happening.

i want to be satisfied in God and His love no matter what my circumstances are. even though everything around me seems chaotic i want to "be still and know that He is God." bless you, brother.

 
At 3/13/2008 04:24:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jaeson,

as i read your thoughts about 'beautiful letdown' i was thinking 'wow'...thanks for sharing your thoughts. it's been inspiring and also encouraging to know that i'm not alone in this journey of knowing Him deeper...it's a journey that is priceless.

Keep up the great job u're doing...

God bless u

-Timmie Liew

 
At 3/13/2008 10:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! switchfoot rocks!

 
At 3/16/2008 04:07:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sharing. It encourages and reminds me a lot. You're so good! ^0^

 
At 4/05/2008 12:20:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

reminds me of gen. 15:1-3

1 After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision:
"Do not be afraid, Abram.
I am your shield, [g]
your very great reward. [h] "

2 But Abram said, "O Sovereign LORD, what can you give me since I remain childless and the one who will inherit [i] my estate is Eliezer of Damascus?" 3 And Abram said, "You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir."

so many of us are so focused on what God will give us... rather on that God, Himself, is our great reward. Abraham was so caught up in what was God was giving him, even when God reminded Abraham that He was his great reward.

thanks. that was ahmazing and a great reminder for me. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home