Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Moments :)

Christmas is about capturing & appreciating "moments".















This Christmas I got to head up to snow country with a family friend (The Ainslie's, they are special to me beyond words can express & we had so much fun!),

got to have Hometown Buffet with my mum (her favorite spot to eat in the world, not sure why? but we ended up talking for 3 hours in there!),

got to watch "Amazing Grace" with my papa (even though he fell asleep within the first 15 minutes =P, what an incredible and inspiring movie though, it gave me passion to keep on keeping on living and fighting for justice. I love autobiographies of heroes.),


spent a whole day and a half with my sister Joyce in Davis (where she diagnosed my health as near complete break down :P, put me on a vitamin plan, showed me how to cook and eat healthy, got me into a portable sauna to reset my hypothalumus time clock, taught me how to breath in and out to relax my mind, while giving me the greatest full body massage I've ever had in my entire life, I love you Joyce!),

I also met a random stranger on a Southwest flight from Portland to Sacramento and we ended up having lunch on Christmas Eve which turned out to be quite a divine time together indeed :)(u just never know who u will meet on a Southwest flight!),


Then I got to have my favorite "frozen yogurt" with Enoch and Joyce in good ol' Elk Grove and afterwards spent time reminiscing on a 10 year brotherhood and friendship with my best buddy Matt Ong in my car listening to Chris Rock crack jokes about "defending rap music" that was flippn hilarious!

We went to Borders and I bought him a bunch of "Joel Osteen" audio CD's for Christmas (Yes, I like Joel Osteen, don't get religious on me the guy inspires me with hope lol),

Later, my friend from UCLA ended up calling me up last night and told me how she had just broken up with her boyfriend and needed some encouragement, especially on Christmas eve. I was able to encourage her with a simple "Jesus loves you, He knows, He understands, He cares and with Him it's going to be okay." and then we talked about how that jerk didn't deserve her anyway j/k sorta of, but we did pray for him :)Now today is Christmas morning and I thought I would take a simple time out and say...

Thank you Jesus for dying on that Cross for me. Without You, there wouldn't be a Christmas to enjoy, to celebrate, to have and appreciate. Things are not perfect, a lot of people in this world may not have much, but if they have You, they have everything. Thank you to every person who has been a gift to me. You are loved and appreciated. I am thankful for every "moment" I've had, I've remembered, even the ones I have forgotten. Life is about breathing. Life is about being present. Life is about moments. My prayer, my hope and my ambition is to make more moments like these for the rest of my life with you and others. I realized I've lacked moments for most of my life. Sometimes you are so focused on whats ahead of you that you forget what is right before you. I've gotten so focused on the future, that I have forgotten the present. Yet, when you stop, take a breath, and become present to the blessings that are in your life at the present moment, you realize how rich, how full, how blessed, how amazing, how beautiful, how wonderful, how special, how great, how much you have to be thankful for. Thank you. Thank you to everyone and anyone who has ever made my life as alive as it is today.

Thank you God for life. You are all I want. All I need. You are everything.
Thank you Dad for doing your best.
Thank you Mom for sacrificing so much.
Thank you Joyce for persevering & never giving up.
Thank you Nancy for always loving.
Thank you friends for loving me as I am & giving me so much.
Thank you world for existing, without you there would be no chance to experience love


Merry Christmas :)

ps. My sister bought me this stick of "Believe in God Instantly Spray" hahaha! Basically, if the person won't convert just spray them with this spray & they will be instantly converted to Christianity lol :B

8 Comments:

At 12/26/2007 01:10:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Jaeson,

Merry Christmas!
Happy 2008! Yeah!

 
At 12/26/2007 05:20:00 AM , Blogger David said...

lol i like the believe in god spray. whats your opinion on joel olsteen and properity preaching anyways?

 
At 12/26/2007 08:11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you hav a blessed christmas. praise God. God bless you

 
At 12/26/2007 08:40:00 AM , Blogger Kingdom Shifts said...

Does the spray stuff really work!? *grin* Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! We had a blast celebrating our first Christmas with our little Simone Beth'el!!! God is so good!

 
At 12/27/2007 01:24:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Jaeson,
You look awesome and am happy you had such a great time. I pray Jesus leads you step by step, hand in hand through all your decision. I pray your preaching is life changing for the Asians at One Thing. I pray God will give you very real, very concrete answered prayers to honor your difficult but right choice to obey. I pray those blessings chase you down. May He give you to eat only the best of the land to eat. Isaiah 1:19. You are an inspiration.

 
At 12/27/2007 01:32:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

u remind me that life is beautiful even in the midst of all the darkness. i'm so encouraged and glad you had a merry christmas! blessings, jaeson! and i think we should order the spray in bulk for all the supernatural on campus folk.. haha

 
At 12/30/2007 05:29:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOR YOU!

 
At 12/30/2007 08:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Years Pastor Jaeson,
I am praying every single day for you. I pray you have the most breakthrough year in your walk with Jesus. Richest blessings. Miss you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home