Friday, March 28, 2008

A Heart Set Free to Pursue Adventure with God

(Baptizing my boy Vanness in my backyard pool. Much love Vdubb, I'm so proud of your passion to know Christ bro!)
I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me -- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24
The last 90 days have been unexplainable. I would share more, but the reality is that I can't because of the nature of the occurrences. One thing I do want to point out is this...we were all made to be on adventure with God.

As human beings, we are made to live for adventure. Without adventure, our hearts die, become dull, and we lose heart. God is the most interesting person I have ever met. I feel like my whole life has been an episode of 24, simply because I chose to lose my life instead of trying to save it. It's funny to me that Christians would try to save their lives and not trust God. That is the most ridiculous choice any person could ever make. Jesus said clearly, lose your life and you will save it, save your life and you will lose it, what good is it to gain the whole world but forfeit your own soul? The true path to freedom is to lose it all, that is, lose yourself to the things of this world and every hold that this world has upon your heart. When you think your happiness comes from owning the things of this world, you are fooled, because that is when the world has owned you. We try to hold on to our dreams, our relationships, our money, our assets, our titles and positions, our possessions and pleasures, not realizing those very things we hold on to are the very things that have enslaved us and kept our hearts from truly being alive. You find yourself when you lose yourself. Don't be owned by any man or woman, but God Himself. I have nothing to lose, cause I don't own anything anyways. I'm a dead man walking, but fully alive. My life is in His hands and whatever He gives me it's a privilege, an honor, a blessing, a grace that gives me the chance to know Him more and make Him known. If you are still holding onto your life it's about time to lose it. You want freedom? You want to live the adventure you were born to live for? Then lose your fears, lose yourself and lose it all, cause there in that place you'll find what you've always been looking for.

Yes, even lose the one you love, meaning this, I can love a girl, but I can't have her. She's not mine, she belongs to the Lord. God can give her to me as much as He can take her away. I'm just a steward of the things He gives me. I'm saying this because so many of my friends seem to want to hold on to that girl, to that boy, to that relationship as if they owned it (note: I am not talking about marriage, I'm talking about friends who are in dating relationships). Don't try to own anything or it will own you. Be good stewards, always with a heart of surrender and you will be of good faith and walk in infinite peace. In time, God will lead you to the one He has prepared for you in marriage covenant. Be of good courage!

In the last 90 days for some crazy reason, God has sent me as a missionary to take on the mountain of media and entertainment. People think Hollywood is the pit of hell, a Babylon of sorts, and in many ways it is. Yet, this is exactly where God wants His people to shine. It's in the darkest place that God's light can shine the brightest. I've been sent like Philip the evangelist to Ethiopian eunuchs all across Hollywood and the Asia entertainment world to do one thing, feed the hungry with the saving power of the Gospel. I've seen celebrity after celebrity, come to Christ through prophetic evangelism encounters, everyone of them are so hungry for true love, to be loved not for their fame and fortune, but to be loved for who they were created to be. To be loved as sons and daughters of God. It does not matter if you are famous or if you are homeless, everyone is hungry for one thing, unconditional love. Most of these celebrities who have come to Christ in the last months would never step into a church service, but each of them would like to know Jesus. Interesting, Jesus never invited anyone to a church service, rather, He brought himself, the very presence of almighty God to them. Whether that is on the street, in a club, in a hotel suite, in a corporate high rise, in a restaurant, in a home or in a dark alley, nothing can separate us from the love of God that is everywhere, so near to each of us if we would just open our hearts to Him. So I've started a few new beginnings of churches in the last 90 days in the most unlikely of places, in Hollywood, on the Internet, in friends homes, in recording studios, in hotel rooms and the funnest privilege has been making new disciples on my blackberry messenger. I can explain more later...God is everywhere, in you, with you and with them. Be Jesus where ever you go. Love all you can, do good to all you can, give all you can, bless everyone you can, show everyone you have the way, the truth and the life they have been searching for all their lives and you will begin to experience life's greatest adventure...the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

15 Comments:

At 3/28/2008 10:21:00 PM , Blogger millie said...

this is very encouraging- thank you! PRAISE GOD for hollywood and everyone there!! that is soooo exciting to hear. and i know God is going to continue to explode all through the streets of hollywood cuz he has a heart for the people there! it truly is going to become holywood :D

and yesssss it's in the darkest places that God's light shines the brightestt---hallelujahhh! keep onnnn!

 
At 3/29/2008 11:06:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

no wonder I feel my life became dull....no adventure with God...

 
At 3/30/2008 03:21:00 AM , Blogger vanya said...

thanx for sharing.
In fact, i'm a fan of Vdubb's.
u'r quite right.
We love him so much.
But we should know he doesn't belong to anyone. He is just the magic bestowal to us from merciful God.
Enjoy all the relationships with us which were bestowed.That's the love.

 
At 3/30/2008 06:58:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your particular entry reminds me of one of my favorite verses:

"...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
(John 10:10)

Keep living your life to the fullest that can only be found in Christ and do not exchange it for anything else in this world, bro..
He's worth it.. Jesus is worth it! =)

-gRaCe-

 
At 3/30/2008 09:05:00 AM , Blogger Coral Lean said...

read this article in my most depress moments... It helped me a lot, thanks, Jaeson.

 
At 3/30/2008 06:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

o wow! how did you guys meet?

 
At 3/30/2008 10:33:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya...i really want to have freedom
but i dont know the way
i dont understand how to lose myself and lose it all...

i always get depress of my study life...

how to get free from that...how to have a breakthrough??

how can i get confidence...to be confidence in myself...

i always tempted to walk away from christ since i acepted christ last two...
very struggling...

i want to free from depression...
i always pray fro joy...fruits of spirit..but i always sad....

and 1 very bad habit is i used to eat and eat when i am stress, sad, nervous....fail to take care of god's temple....

how....i want to be free...

 
At 3/31/2008 09:41:00 AM , Blogger Jaeson Ma said...

Comment from Julia....

so...u dont need to be in the church to be in the presence of God right?

cuz my mom says i like NEED to go to church. even tho i know that church is where God is, i feel like no attraction to church anymore. i feel no passion towards church. but i love God so much. so like im like really confused right now. and how do u let go of something u really love? i tried and i just couldnt cuz it was too hard for me. thx for this note. cuz i really feel like it was pointed towards me. and i think that it is totally AWESOME that u setting up church services in like random places...haha blackberry that is so cool

Thank you very much for this note. God Bless You ^^
------------------------------
Jaeson Ma wrote
at 8:56am yesterday
Julia you do need to be in a church, every believer must be committed to a local gathering of regular believers but that does not necessarily mean it has to be in a church building. The building is not the church, it is the people who gather together to obey Jesus commands. That can be anywhere. In a home, apt, park, coffee shop, its where ever a local gathering of believers come together to pray, study Scripture, fellowship and break bread (Acts 2). You need to be in a church, where there is clear leadership, but what that church looks like may not be how you grew up in a traditional setting. It could be, but not necessarily. The churches I start meet anywhere, but are very clearly defined churches. The presence of God is in you and with you everywhere, but you and Gods presence is not church, that is your own personal relationship. May God lead you into righteous right paths.psalm 23

 
At 4/01/2008 05:47:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallelujah!

Jenny LIn.

 
At 4/03/2008 11:56:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygosh.. another thing.
remember the movie "Bella"
i was shooting a commerical yesterday and God led me to this woman who was on the production team who had attended something called the 2nd Annual Candlelight Forum on April 1.

no joke.. she literally took my hand, took me to her car.. and showed me the program.

...God SO has specific people stragically placed in the entertainment industry - it's crazy what He's doing.

here's an article about the event:

http://christiannewswire.com/index.php?module=releases&task=view&releaseID=5986

the woman, elizabeth, told me that there were lots of people there... TOP people.. and they're LOOKING for GOOD scripts, especially the writer/lead actor of Bella (he has his own production company)

..passing on the info...
so if you have a GREAT script in mind ... ... ... :D

 
At 4/03/2008 10:38:00 PM , Blogger Jaeson Ma said...

haha, I work at Metanoia films consulting for the film that made Bella, I was at the Candle Light Forum with the whole Bella family, small world, God is indeed moving in this place called Holywood :D

 
At 4/08/2008 05:06:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, so are YOU in love with someone?

 
At 4/08/2008 09:17:00 PM , Blogger Jaeson Ma said...

No, I made the comment in this blog to help my friends who are struggling of letting go others in their relationships =)

 
At 4/18/2008 10:01:00 PM , Blogger Felicia Sun said...

wow. this entry is such an encouragement. thank you for the blessings jaeson.

 
At 4/20/2008 07:35:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaeson,

Thanks for sharing this thought to us. I was in my lowest point when I read your article and it really helped me to keep my faith. THANK YOU for being an instrument of proclaiming God’s unconditional love for everyone.

I just want to ask your help on how will I prove that there is God to someone who doesn’t believe in HIM. I met this person and he told me that the communist party infused them that there is no God. I feel pity for these people who never got the chance to know our Almighty Father. He said that if I can give reasonable proofs that there is God, then he will convert himself into Christian.

-zet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home