Saturday, June 28, 2008

Search Me (Psalm 139:23-24)

Psalm 139:23-24

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.



One of the most difficult prayers in life is to ask the Lord to search our hearts. The Bible says the heart is deceitful above all things. I know mine is. Many times, I think I know what is best for me, only to find out later that what I thought was best was completely wrong. God sometimes will give us what we want to show us what we really need. I'd rather know now than later what is the pure and perfect will of the Lord, even if it means I don't get my way. I am not afraid to ask the Lord to test me. Why? Because I know my thoughts are continually anxious. I always want things my way instead of His way. I go ahead of God instead of going with God. This gets me into a lot of unneeded trouble. A Bible teacher once taught "frustration equals flesh." In other words, when you are frustrated in your walk with God, in your relationship with others, in your daily work or anything in life, it is most likely because you are trying do things in your own strength rather than His. When we do things God's way and our led by the Spirit what we do is never frustrating, but there is a peace in our hearts that surpasses all understanding. We are confident in Him and walk in perfect love.

One of the best ways to save us from unneeded anguish, pain and regret is to pray "Lord search my heart, test me and know my anxious thoughts, if there is any offensive way in me that does not please You, if there is anything in my heart that it selfish, self seeking, or proud, my Lord my God change my heart and turn me back to You and I ask You to lead me in the right way, in the way everlasting. Amen."

During these recent days I simply keep praying, "Lord do not let me have my way, but let Your way be done in me. Give me a greater hunger for You and You alone. Be my satisfaction. Not these other things. For You alone are worthy!"

12 Comments:

At 6/28/2008 08:24:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oopps...i think there is a typo error. =) it should be psalm 139 instead.

 
At 6/28/2008 10:00:00 PM , Blogger Neens said...

I just remembered I prayed something along those lines and it explains a lot. It's a dangerous prayer I kind of ... kind of ... regret. Oh that Jesus ...

 
At 6/29/2008 02:17:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. Amen!.


Rina

 
At 6/29/2008 10:19:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jaeson:
Your blog is my best English books.I have Rehma in your daily words.They feeded my spirit. Thanks for your words!thank you for cheer us!we will pray for you ,too....
Father God, bless your boy "Tiger Ma" have joyful and healthy life everyday!!haha ^O^
Vanessa

 
At 6/29/2008 11:48:00 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is a very good word. We need the Cross of Christ touch our life. Only then the resurrection life will flow out of our broken being. This is always my prayer, "Lord, test my heart! Purify my heart!" Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. The way of the Cross is a narrow way, but it leads to Life!

 
At 6/29/2008 06:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

your entries are always so encouraging, thank you =)

keep up the hard work, i understand that its not easy.

 
At 6/29/2008 08:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty. Thank you!

 
At 6/29/2008 09:38:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you!

 
At 6/30/2008 03:22:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord do not let me have my way, but let Your way be done in me. Give me a greater hunger for You and You alone. Be my satisfaction. Not these other things. For You alone are worthy! SO GOOD.GOD BLESS YOU!

 
At 6/30/2008 03:25:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lord do not let me have my way, but let Your way be done in me. Give me a greater hunger for You and You alone. Be my satisfaction. Not these other things. For You alone are worthy!" GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS!

 
At 7/01/2008 10:31:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you going to HK in 8?

 
At 7/11/2008 11:29:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home