Monday, May 26, 2008

Two Things I Ask..

Proverbs 30:7-9

7Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):
8Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches--
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
9Lest I be full and deny You,
And say, "Who is the LORD?"
Or lest I be poor and steal,
And profane the name of my God.


May we each day pray to remain content in Christ and Christ alone. Let us seek not to live a life of success but a life of significance. True success is being faithful to our values and convictions. May our values be that of God´s, that we may live a life of honor and integrity. May we never be greedy, desiring the things of this world because ´´The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want¨. Lord, give me neither riches to the point I forget you, nor Lord give me poverty to the point I no longer look to you but to myself to provide. Keep me and my brother and sisters humble all the days of our lives. You are our good Father and from you we receive all good things. Amen.

2 Comments:

At 5/26/2008 09:26:00 PM , Blogger bruce said...

Hello Jaeson,
I am Bruce Harpel, the "Maranatha" pastor from the University of Minnesota. We enjoyed your visit and encouragement on the campus last month.

I feel like testifying.

I just wanted to say that I have not held a job now for 30 years. I have no books. No other income. No 501K. No retirement. Yet my God has provided for me to raise 6 children and continue in ministry. Yet I have never really known where the next money to pay my bills will come from. It always comes from the Lord. On time, and in full.

This verse has always been one of my favorites. Let me not ever speak deceitfully. Let me swear to my own hurt. Let all my words be true and full of life.
Amen !

 
At 5/30/2008 12:36:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm just a "laywoman."
I totally agree with the core value of this verse: happily accept how much God give us.
however, since we have a rich Daddy like Abba Father, we're supposed to be rich in this world too. and i don't think when you're rich, you will disown this Father, you may glorify Him by making use of your money such as provding the poor and people in need. I have faith in you; you should have faith in yourself...anyway God bless

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home