Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Loving God for God

"God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him"

I've been thinking a lot about this quote recently. God didn't create us to serve Him, He created us to know Him. Many people think that in order to love God, we must serve God. We think, in order to receive God's blessing, we must do something to achieve it. Many Christians I know only relate to God for what He can do for them, or what He can give them. Not many seek God for God. I think God must get really frustrated when most people just treat Him like Santa Clause. God is not our employer and we are not just His employees. God created us for friendship. We were created for worship.

God is love. What He wants more than anything else is that we would seek Him for Him, and get to know Him because we want to, not because we have to. I don't serve God for what He can do for me, or for what plans He has for me. To think that would be selfish and self serving. I serve God because I love Him. I love to love Him because He is the most amazing Person I have ever known. His love is incomparable. His presence is all I need.

The Devil can take away everything in my life, my health, my wealth, my relationships, my career, my money, my life, but He can't take away my Jesus. That is one thing the enemy can never destroy. He can't destroy my love for God and God's love for me. That my friend is the one thing that will last throughout eternity when this life is over...that is, our love relationship with God. (John 17:3) That we may know Christ and Christ alone, may this be my aim.

Study the book of Job. He loved God not for what God could do for him. But Job loved God for God. Because He is worthy to be worshiped. God, I love You!

11 Comments:

At 5/08/2008 10:59:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi~JMA ,tks ur words that is inspiring me a lot, God loves us these "sinner" unconditionally, it's a great honor to serve and love Him. LOVING GOD FOR GOD , That 's right^.^

In Him
Charlotte

 
At 5/08/2008 11:26:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have to know and experience God to love Him. It takes time. But it is amazing to see so many people has already loved Him without fear. May God bless you.

 
At 5/08/2008 12:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think so!!
God is so nice and fun.. hee heee
God is sweet and cute :P
I pray everybody will fall in love with Him for He is the greatest LOVER!!! He is the most romantic person I ever met!! I LOVE Him !!
He is so cute... >////< (blush)

 
At 5/08/2008 05:04:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear jaeson bro in jesus christ,

I really love this sharing.
Thanks for ur sharing.
I was especially touched by the following quoted parts and I do feel that its also the reply from god to my recent prayer in my blue period :'|(hope u guys could pray for me too, thanks)

"The Devil can take away everything in my life, my health, my wealth, my relationships, my career, my money, my life, but He can't take away my Jesus. That is one thing the enemy can never destroy. He can't destroy my love for God and God's love for me. "


GOD LOVE US ALWAYS

~We have the power of loving, because he first had love for us
(1 john 4:19)
~No man has ever seen God: if we have love for one another, God is in us and his love is made complete in us
(1 john 4:12)

 
At 5/08/2008 05:44:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its really an encouraging post. It's really true.. It refresh and remind me again about the purpose we are / I am serving. Coz sometimes when things get busy and things happen. The relationship with God seems like a person with a fending machine.

Thanks Pastor Jaeson. Gbu
Rina

 
At 5/09/2008 02:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe... i lurrrve u!!~
but i love god most..

thr are a lot of adv is in your blog recently..
i thought u forgot about god and the grass the sky and everything made by god..

but i guess im wrong!~ ^0^
god loves u too!!~~~
^^

 
At 5/09/2008 07:54:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about Psalm 130 yesterday. There is a beautifu verse: With him is "Unfailing love" and "full redemption".

I never thought that HIS love on me never fails no matter how I was and what I was.

I knelt down before our dear Lord, saying that HE is wonderful, HE is completedly beautiful, worthy all our praises and devotions.

 
At 5/09/2008 10:07:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jason.
I am from Jakarta, Indonesia. I have read many of your writings. Glad to know there is someone like you who are so radical and bold and also work hard for the people. Glad to know i am not alone.
Thank you for sharing. I have learned much from your sermon also. I'll pray for you.

Let God Kingdom Come and His Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven!

God Bless
Ly Yen

 
At 5/10/2008 01:35:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!

I just came back from a service, and my pastor talked about the same topic you have written on this post. I believe God has been meaning to tell me something.

Very truly nobody can take away our Jesus. Praise God

 
At 5/10/2008 08:21:00 PM , Blogger 鄭小悅☺ said...

hello jaeson,
im joyce from taiwan.i often read your blog at free time,it helped me a lot when i was all burned out:D
just want to thank you for sharing expirences you have in christ!!
to have a life like yours seems wonderful. and ..feeling God everyday:)
anyways,keep writing:DD
God bless you!!

 
At 5/17/2008 12:27:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Dont they know this is the best life, serving the master in total yieldedness ? "

Love in Christ, YS

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home