Saturday, April 01, 2006

UCLA B-BALL & REVIVAL IN LA !!!


So I've been ministering at UCLA now for almost 7 months. I can't help it, but I've grown to not only love the campus but love it's basketball. Dats rite! UCLA IS IN DA NCAA FINALS! GO BRUINS! WUT WUT! I haven't watch NCAA in a while, but when my buddy Josh Yang invited me to watch the game with GONZAGA (& I watched the Bruins come back & win from being down by over 10 with 3 minutes left) all I could say was, "I believe in miracles!" Dude, we WHOOPED LSU tonight! So, since I'm prophetic in nature I must say with the Azusa Street Centennial coming up April 9th and UCLA in the NCAA finals, it is a sign that REVIVAL IS ABOUT TO HIT LOS ANGELES once again! haha.... j/k (but not really) :P

Actually, I just had discipleship with Pastor Che this morning and for some weird reason we ended up talking about all the past revivals that have hit Los Angeles, California. LA has been a seed bed for revival almost every 12 years since the Azusa Street Revival awakening in 1906. We talked about the latter rain revival (1920-30's), the Four Square revival with Aimee Semple Mcpherson (1940's), the Billy Graham and Bill Bright evangelical awakenings (1950's), the Jesus Freak movement sparked by Chuck Smith and Lonnie Frisbee that started Calvary Chapel (1960-70's), The Catholic Charismatic renewal with Dennis Bennet around the same time hit, the Third Wave revival ignited by John Wimber and Lonnie Frisbee (again) that gave birth to the Vineyard Church movement (1980's), the Anaheim Vineyard healing renewal that laid the foundation for the Toronto Airport blessing, which spilled over to my home church with renewal in Pasadena at Harvest Rock Church (1990's) and here we are now in 2006 at the tipping point of another revival awakening in Los Angeles once again. LA is a media center (this is our redemptive gift) to broadcast and make known, in God's case, the Gospel. I believe the reason God chooses LA time and time again to pour out revial is....

1. All Nations are represented in Los Angeles
2. Whatever happens in LA will be broadcast to the world
3. Los Angeles has an apostolic calling- to be a sending agent to the nations

I don't like LA traffic, but I do believe I'm here in LA at this moment for a purpose. For the greatest revival awakening that will touch not only all of LA, not only all of North America, but all of my generation, to the ends of the earth. While I was in Boston this week praying at Harvard University with Pastor Lou and the Uprising, an old intercessor shared in a prayer meeting that the great revivalist and theologian Jonathan Edwards had written some hundred + years ago that in 2006 all the revivals of the history past would converge into "one" for the greatest outpouring & awakening of the Holy Spirit for the final hour harvest. I don't have the documentation on this, but either way, something is in the air. It smells like REVIVAL.

It's not everyday over 70+ universities across the nation are praying 24/7 for either 1 day, 1 week or 40 days at the same time (right now). I was in Harvard and spoke with the campus leaders there about a supernatural prayer meeting happening on campus at Harvard called "the upper room." Since the beginning of the school year a bunch of underclassmen have been praying every night, 7 days a week, from 10pm-1am without ceasing for revival at Harvard. There have been incredible reports of what Holy Spirit is doing and stirring there. We are hearing similar reports all over the nation of spontaneous revival prayer meetings breaking out among students on different college campuses, even high schools to jr. high. IT'S TIME! It's happening on campuses all across Los Angeles where students are praying, fasting and seeking God to send heaven down to earth. We must not relent, but continue to be relentless in our spiritual pursuit of God.

The quarter starts fresh on Monday at UCLA. Yes, with the BRUINS in the NCAA final and students on campus pursuing God for revival in prayer, nothing can stop us, aint NOBODY gonna HOLD US DOWN! It's REVIVAL TIME!!!

Come Lord Jesus Come to This Generation! For Such A Time As This!

5 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 03:03:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man this is what we've been waiting for ... Let us mourn and fast and pray as we yearn for Jesus and the Holy Spirit to fill us!

 
At 4/02/2006 09:42:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that the NCAA finals and UCLA was a prophetic sign, but i did not know all of this...somethings gonna break!

 
At 4/03/2006 06:14:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

As a revival praying Christian I hope you see revival in your area. As a Florida alum I have to warn you not to take it as a prophetic sign when the banner is raised in Gainesville.

Revival is coming to Florida again!

 
At 4/03/2006 02:56:00 PM , Blogger Jaeson Ma said...

hahaha...nothing but love carl....may revival go both ways..lol..luv ya bro!

 
At 4/10/2006 11:18:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if you can help me. I am trying to find out dates for crusades of Carlos Anacondia in Argentina.
Thanks
harryc@webmail.co.za
South Africa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home