Friday, February 17, 2006

Faithfulness & Honesty


Recently I've been thinking alot about "faithfulness" and the responsibility that comes with it. God has simply been reminding me to be faithful in my love for Him and others. Much has been happening lately and at times it is easy to get lost in all the activity that is going on. Yet, I have to keep reminding myself to stay focused on Him and simply stay focused on those He entrusts to me. I read 1 Kings 18-19 last night. Elijah was a man of faithfulness. He prayed, fasted, fought like a hero and also was real with God about his frustrations. One moment he is up, the next moment he is down. I feel that way at times. My passion and zeal ride high at one moment, the next moment I can be easily discouraged. I guess its the personality of a prophet. It seems Jeremiah was much the same way. God's grace is there though. And through it all, somehow if our hearts are right, we make it to the finish line. I don't want to just make it though, I want to cross the line with strength. When I die I want to be known as one who was faithful and at the same time "honest". Elijah was "faithful" and Elijah was also "honest". He didn't have it all together, he felt like giving up and dying at times, yet because his heart was loyal to God, God saw him through. In 1 Kings 19 Elijah goes from seeing God speak and show up in fire at Mt. Carmel to all of a sudden wanting to die & give up. It was in this state he eneded up finding God in sleep, rest and 40 days of prayer and fasting until he heard God's voice in the gentle whisper of silence. It is here on Mt. Horeb that he receives his final instructions, his life message and most powerful assignment. He anoints the next generations (Jehu, Elisha, etc) and through spiritual reproduction all of his enemies are destroyed (Ahab, Jezebel). He learned and began to walk in a wisdom and maturity that only God could have taught. I want that wisdom, I want that maturity, I desire to experience that grace. Father let me hear Your gentle whisper, keep my eyes on You, meet me on the mountain and do not let me get so caught up in the battle that I forget to hear Your instructions. I desire to be faithful, to be honest in all my dealings and to finish the work You have assigned for me to do.

I read this yesterday about Billy Graham. Now over 85 years old he was asked what do you want to be remembered for. He said something like, "I want to be remembered as someone who was faithful to God, faithful to my family and faithful to the calling God had for me to do." I desire that more than anything else at this point in my life "faithfulness" not success, not for God to win my battles, not for me to be a better leader, not to be perfect, but rather a few simple things.

God I want to be faithful.
I want to be faithful to You.
I want to be faithful to my family.
I want to be faithful to my future family.
I want to be faithful to every friendship.
I want to be faithful to the calling on my life.
I want to be faithful & that means I can also be honest.

I can feel like giving up at times, but may faithfulness overcome each time.

2 Comments:

At 2/19/2006 09:46:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I can feel like giving up at times, but may faithfulness overcome each time."
This statement gave me a hint that is very useful and important.

Thank you very much, Pastor Jaeson!
Jesus love you. I love you too.

 
At 2/19/2006 11:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor Jaeson,

When I pray for U God show me
Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life;
8 the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Praying the Lord will bless U in a special way:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home