Monday, June 27, 2005

Fuller Seminary: Support Letter

Below is my support letter to attend Fuller Seminary "School of World Mission" I wrote this a week ago. I'm here in LA now & I would appreciate it if you could continue to pray for me as
I'm trusting God in this new season. More to come... :)

Hello Family, Friends and Ministry Partners!

I've been seeking God for over 6 months now on whether or not I should attend Fuller Seminary & intern with my Sr. Pastor Che Ahn at Harvest Rock Church for a 6-month season. After much prayer, discernment & confirmation I believe this is God's next step for me. This will be a necessary step for God to lay a more solid foundation in character, leadership and Biblical study in my life. So the good news…

Fuller School of World Missions
Praise God I've been accepted into Fuller Seminary! Starting June 23 I will be moving to Los Angeles to attend Fuller's School of World Mission. It is a unique 6-month intensive program focusing on campus ministry beginning June 27, 2005 through Dec 15, 2005. Upon completion I will have finished ¼ of my Masters Degree & received a Certificate of Christian Studies from Fuller. I will then continue forward to finish the rest of my degree (Masters of Arts in Global Leadership) through online correspondence.

This is a big transition for me, but it is what's needed. It's a blessing that I will get to spend time with Pastor Che in a close mentoring relationship. At the same time I am so excited to build a deeper Biblical and practical ministry foundation through this unique campus ministry program at Fuller Seminary. In September, as part of the Fuller internship program I will be ministering at UCLA, UCSD and other universities 3 days a week doing hands on campus ministry with our campus church plants out there. It's going to be awesome!

Campus Church Networks
My leadership role in Campus Church Networks will remain the same with a few changes in how I spend my time. Our headquarters for Campus Church Networks will stay in San Jose. It will be lead by our staff team there until I return. During the 6-month program I will head back to Hong Kong & Taiwan for a few short ministry trips to equip student leaders. In general, I will cut back on long ministry travels & speak domestically on weekends only, in order to focus on my studies. Once the 6-month training program is finished I will return to the Bay Area & resume back to my normal itinerant ministry travels.

Financial Support Needed
All that to say…Praise Him! He is so faithful and so good! Of course going to Fuller is not cheap, so I humbly ask that you would prayerfully consider in supporting my tuition fees. For the full 6 month intensive program the cost is $12,550.00 US. This includes the seminary course costs, books and practical training. If you or your church can partner financially please email me at jaeson@campuschurch.net & mail checks written to me or the ministry (Campus Church Networks 4 North 2nd Street San Jose,Ca 95113 "memo: Jason seminary support"). It would be most appreciated as school has already begun. Thank you for your friendship & love no matter what! Whether you can support or not, please continue your prayers. May God use this focused season to equip me to equip this generation to fulfill the call to reach the youth of all nations for Christ!


Blessings,


Jaeson Ma

3 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 04:16:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaeson,

Who is on your Staff Team for CCN that is in San Jose? (Couldn't find the info on your CCN website). Do they also need to raise support (are they full-time??) Just wondering how your ministry works while you will be gone & where support money goes.

Thanks for answering!

 
At 7/01/2005 10:50:00 AM , Blogger Jaeson Ma said...

hey there...you can contact carolina our admin director and pastor sam lee
who is overseeing san jose state univeristy...

carolina@campuschurch.net

blessings!

 
At 7/01/2005 01:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) my cousin went to Fuller. Now he will be serving overseas in Myanmar with his wife and son. :)I'll be praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home