Thursday, September 28, 2006

In Da Cave Writing - Please pray!

Dear Blogging friends :)

I'm now back in Los Angeles and beginning a new season of focus. I wanted to ask for your specific prayers in these next 3 months as I am currently working on writing my first book.

About 4 months ago a major Christian publishing company had approached me in writing a book for students on campus revival. I had received personal prophecies for almost 2 years about writing a book on this subject, but I never sensed it to be the right time to begin the work. After the publishing company contacted me, I received a phone call from a friend 5 minutes later with a prophetic word saying, "God told me to tell you, Tell Jaeson he needs to write a book!" I took it as a sign from God and felt that this season was the write time to be obedient to this word and I have canceled nearly all ministry engagements for the remainder of 2006 in order to write this book.

I really need your prayers as I am spending each day "in da cave" as I call it, praying and writing for hours. Writing a book inspired by God is not easy. Not only am I not great in writing skills, but there is just a holy fear of the Lord on me wanting each and every word to be inspired by Holy Spirit and not my own thinking. Currently the book is called....

REFORMATION GENERATION

The focus of the book is 3 fold:

1. Passion for Prayer
2. Passion for Power Evangelism
3. Passion for Planting Simple Churches

Please pray for me and as I write this book the following...

1. Holy Spirit would inspire each and every word written
2. God would anoint this book to equip students everywhere on how to transform their campuses and cities for Christ
3. Pray that the stories, teachings and content flow of this book would be concise, clear and hit the mark
4. Pray for my friend Christine who is helping with basic editing she is taking alot of time out while in college to help me with grammatical errors and content flow
5. God's favor with the publishing company, the editor they will assign to me for the final draft, and that God would bless them and open doors in getting this book out to every campus, city and nation for revival.
6. God would keep me from distractions, focused and able to concentrate and hear from Him continually as I write each page.
7. Grace as I stop all ministry responsibilities for the next 3-4 months to focus on writing, that God will take care of leadership and admin responsibilities for the CCN ministry and UCLA ministry.
8. Protection from spiritual warfare against this book and season of writing
9. Grace to finish the book by the suggested due date from the publishing company (3-6 months)


If you could just lift up a few prayers that would be sweet! I really need them desperately. The last two weeks, I've been in my room daily for 8-10 hours typing and praying away. I ended up not shaving or seeing sunlight for nearly a week, haha, I included some pictures of my book writing state :) I love you guys and gals, thanks for your prayers. During this season I will also be traveling back to KC, North Carolina and Canada to spend more time receiving from the Lord, visiting some mentors and walking out deeper healing while writing.






Under the mercy,
Jaeson

2 Comments:

At 9/30/2006 07:07:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's so inspiring and encouraging to see people wanting to effect change in the lives of young people everywhere and to obey God whatever it takes! passion is a great thing; i pray you'll be just as blessed as you seek do the Father's work and bless others! i'd actually place dibs on the first book if i was in Cali..guess not! all the best though, keep shining for the King!

 
At 10/20/2006 07:07:00 PM , Blogger back to life said...

Hey, that's really cool!
I like the "Passion for planting simple churches"-thought alot.

I'm gonna write books one day, too :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home