Friday, October 13, 2006

Prepare & Pray - Earthquake Coming to LA in my spirit...


I write this next blog entry with all seriousness and humility. What I am about to share is what I sense, it is not fact, but it is something in my heart for over four months now. It is something to pray about, it is not to put fear in any heart, for we know our God protects those who walk uprightly before Him. Prophetically, I perceive that in Los Angeles something catostrophic, very likely an earthquake of great magnitude will devastate many in this land or region. Let me share...

In early July I was flying back from a trip in Australia into Los Angeles airport. As I looked out the window of my seat, I saw Los Angeles and immediately in a open vision I saw the hills and valley of Los Angeles rolling and the cities being crushed. I was a bit shocked at seeing this vision, I kept it in my heart and prayed. That same night I had a very vivid dream where I saw once again the hills and valleys of Los Angeles county rolling up and down, the city being flattened and devastated, then I saw a large tsunami waves crashing over areas of Los Angeles and many peoples being wiped out. When I woke up I was shaken but also bewildered because I didnt think a tsunami type disaster would be possible in LA.

Later on, to my surprise during this time back in Los Angeles I had met with a local pastor who told me that his wife and others in his congregation have had very vivid dreams of a massive earthquake hitting LA and also large tsunami waves crashing over the region wiping out many peoples. They felt it was so serious a warning from the Lord they sold their homes and others in their congregation also did the same to prepare and now are renting in the area. They are now preparing water, perishable foods and other preparations while praying for Gods mercy in the midst of judgement.

About three weeks ago I had another very vivid dream. In this dream I was in a coastal beach are of Los Angeles. I was in a house near the beach with a loved one, when suddenly I looked out the large window doors of our home from the kitchen and saw MASSIVE WAVES the size of mountains approaching the beach and city area. I looked out, said look at that, we must get out of here! We started running out the house, scrambling. When we got out of the house, there were masses of people running over each other everywhere, all different ethnicities and then the waves hit, many people drowned, but by Gods grace we were able to get out of the devastation alive.

When I woke up I was again deeply shaken in my spirit. An hour later I received a phone call from a missionary friend in Los Angeles. He left a voice mail message crying on the phone. He said, last night my wife had a dream of a massive tsunami wave that smashed into where we were living and our whole family was wiped out. He then said, his wife has had four other dreams with tsunamis in their lives and each time she had the dreams something devastating happened to their family, including the death of one of their sons to cancer who was wiped out in a dream by a tsunami months before it actually happened. When I called him, he was very discouraged, depressed and told me that his wife also had a dream one week before the 9-11 incident and knew it would happen, his wife is not one given to look to prophecy often, but her dreams have been quite accurate each time, this is why he was crying, sensing something imminent and devastating would happen to them soon. I shared with him I dont believe it is only for your family, because just that same morning I had received the dream of a massive tsunami wave hitting the coast of LA.

This last week, at one of our sister churches prayer meeting, a missionary from world vision joined the prayer meeting not knowing anything about these prophetic dreams of judgment. She randomly felt led to share with the leaders that recently she had a dream where she saw large waves crashing into the campus of UCLA and they were not waves of revival, they were something catostrophic. She then said she saw the campus completely flooded and one of the large buildings (a parkings structure) completely toppled over. When she shared this- our leaders were shocked. She shared this the same week, just days before we did our prayer strike at UCLA this past weekend (Sat) with a large gathering of students (www.strikela.org).

Whether or not a tsunami is possible, such as if a 8.0 or higher earthquake hit the LA county area causing the coastlands to be wiped out with massive waves I dont know. The tsunami waves could just be symbolic for judgement and devastation. Whatever the case, I knew again in my spirit this could not just be coincidence but that I needed to really pray and seek Gods voice in these matters.

Now, this morning I woke up at about 4:30am shaken by another series of dreams. In this dream I was with a friend and we had ran to a supply store in LA asking to get in, because we were hungry and without necessities. By grace the supply store nearly closed, but they let us in to get perishable foods and survival supplies. Then the scene changed and I was in my house when all of a sudden a large bull dozer type machine came crashing into the house, crushing the walls and leveling the entire home. By Gods grace, I was able to get out of the home, but had to run back in to grab some of my belongings, particularly one of my sandals.

I awoke from this dream and immediately began to pray, and felt a heaviness upon my heart and began to pray in the spirit. The more I prayed the more a sense of holy fear came upon me, I really felt it was something to do with a coming catostrophic event here in LA, mainly an earthquake. As I opened my daily reading in the Word I turned to Psalm 29 "The voice of the Lord is over the waters; The God of glory thunders; the Lord is over many waters. The voice of the Lord is powerful; The voice of the Lord is full of majesty. The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars, Yes, the Lord splinters the cedars of Lebanon. He makes them also skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox. The voice of the Lord divides the flames of fire."

As I read the commentary the word "skip" poetically referred to an earthquake or thunderous quake. I was thinking in my mind no way will this Psalm be talking about an earthquake, but there it was before me. Again, I am not here to interpret scripture to these dreams directly, but I do sense the Spirit of God trying to grab my attention. Possibly, the dream of the supply store meant there is still time to go and get supplies to prepare of the coming judgment. The house crashing I felt strongly was the leveling of homes due to earthquake shakings or devastation, but to prepare by making sure our important belongings are safe.

Lastly, before my trip to Australia in July, it just so happened I bumped into a very well known Senior Pastor here in Los Angeles. If I mentioned his name all reading this would know his name. It was the first time we met, but we were on the same flight. We talked for over an hour and he told me spontaneously, "When Katrina hit the gulf coast I couldnt think straight for 2 whole days, the Lord had me pray for two days straight and in my spirit I knew the Lord was showing me this is only the beginning of sorrows. There will be even greater cataclysmic events and devastations happening in North America, in particular Los Angeles." He then told me he has been warning churches and congregations in Southern California to prepare for a cataclysmic event or a terrorist attack, or both. He told me, "our churches are not ready for something catostrophic to hit, our structures would not be able to support such a devastation."

I am sharing this with all soberness. I have kept this all in my heart for over 4 months, but I do sense I need to at least share these experiences for the body of Christ to pray into. You may read this and think it is fluff, or not going to happen. Honestly, I pray it doesn't, I really do. But if this is of the Lord, then there is a call to prayer and humility at this moment for this land. In the midst of judgment God will extend mercy as He did in the days of Noah. This was because Noah was a man who was humble, walked upright and with God (Gen 6:9) and the Lord protected His family and livestock. I am asking all who read this to do the following...

1. Pray for God's mercy to be released over Los Angeles in the midst of impending or possible judgment (an earthquake of great magnitude etc)

2. Prepare by storing water, perishable foods, survival supplies, etc

3. If you are led to, share with others to pray and prepare

4. Ask God to prepare His Church in every way, to be humble and to also know what to do if the time of judgment does actually come.


Lastly, the day after I received the massive tsunami dream. I had another dream where students from our church at UCLA were on the Santa Monica piere, it looked like there were deep, dark blue waves crashing into the beach, it wasn't a tsunami but they were rough waves and very cold. Some students were jumping in head on and swam through the crashing waves to the other side of the waters where it was calm. I was afraid to, but as others went in, I went in also. I sensed this dream could have been a call to press through, not be afraid of what is to come because God is on our side, but to embrace what judgment may come, trust God and know that we will overcome by His strength and grace.

Again, all I am sharing is what I sense, it is not fact, but it is something I am believing more and more could be a very possible prophetic reality. Pray and pray, no matter what. Even if I am totally off, I can't be totally off, even researches have been saying that Southern California has been overdue for a large earthquake, and if the big one hits, it will be catostrophic. Read below...

4 Comments:

At 10/16/2006 12:55:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaeson, I ran across your blog a while back and have been excited about what God has been doing through you at UCLA and other places.

Mercy and Judgment sometimes come together, unfortunatly this many be one of thoes cases. In the case of both 9/11 and Katria especially people were forwarned. Today there is a mighty move of God in the area destroyed by Katrina, sadly at the cost of many lives and much more property because the people of the region would not listen the years of warning from God.

We'll be praying that this judgment passes and does not hit the LA basin, but sad to say that type of warning - when so many people get it - means very likly will happen.

We'll be praying for His grace and that thoes like you who are called by His name will be kept safe and used in many signs wonders and miracles to dramatically reach the lost.

FYI on the tsunami thing.... there is a fault off the LA/Orange County coast known as the "Santa Cruz - Santa Catalina Ridge Fault Zone". It has not had a big snap in many centuries so they don't know exactly how big it would be if it did, but some estimates I have seen are in the 7.3+ range... that close to the coast could both do the damage of a devistating quake AND trigger a local but strong tsunami along the coast. Similar things have happened in areas like the Seattle (during indian times - 1699 I think)and few times in the last couple of hundred years. In Anchorage, AK in 1968 it was the tsunami that killed more people than the quake, much like the big one in southeast asia a couple of years ago.

Our prayers are with you. Continue to preach the Word strongly and walk carefully - pray each day about your comings and goings - if He says go here do it. If He says don't go somewhere - don't. Think about telling your friend to pray about moving to another location on higher, more stable ground.

Thanks for having the courage to post this.

God Bless!

Ron from Dallas, TX.

 
At 10/16/2006 02:46:00 PM , Blogger back to life said...

Hey, I think it's cool that you're blogging something like that. Thanx for your courage!

I know alot of things are going on also in the unseen world. That's at least what I experience and see here.

You know, if it comes or not. You're totally right. God is God and that's enough.

I think it would be cool when God would shake the people in L.A. so that a renewal of their hearts and minds can take place. But I mean not a real earthquake in that place. Of course, it can be. God can do everything and L.A. is an earthquakezone (I learned that in school:).

Jason, be blessed!
Perhaps you wanna check my blog ans see what God is doing in my life. Would be cool!

 
At 10/21/2006 09:03:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this! I have family and friends in that region... I will definitely be soaking this in prayer...

God bless, and keep walking strong in the Lord!

 
At 10/24/2006 10:21:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

habakkuk 3:1-6

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home