Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Become like a Child again :D


(Me and Pastor Philip's kids in Taiwan, they are sooo CUTE, and his baby boy loves to beat me up!)

Today, I decided to take the day off :) It was one of the best decisions I've made in a long time. After coming back from Asia, I've still have been going non-stop like the energizer bunny ministering from one thing to the next. Well, I think last night after Passion Church 1 my battery ran out. Haha, Joyce led the Bible study on Matthew 18, how in order to enter into the kingdom of God we must become like little children, if not, we won't enter in. Interesting. To enter into the kingdom, Jesus calls us not to grow up, but to grow down. Not to be more responsible, but to have no responsibilities. Children have no worries, always seem to trust, never seem to doubt, but have an ability to believe...almost anything! They trust more, depend more, are more humble and have a simple faith. I need to be like a child again, I feel like Holy Spirit is asking me to play more, instead of minister more. Sometimes, I think the Holy Spirit wants me to stop looking at ministry as work, but more as play :) Whut tha?

So Jesus you want me to play? Run around, go stupid, and just waste time like I used to when I was in 3rd grade, like when I was in junior high and I used to play outside of my house with my best friend Chris Rodriguez from 3:30pm right after school, till as late as our parents would let us stay outside? You have got to be kidding me Jesus?

Those were good times :) Those were the good ol' days as I recall. Playing outside with my next door neighbor Chris. haha. man, that just brings a smile to my face. We used to play like literally, probably at least 1000 made up games that made absolutely no sense at all. Life was good back then, it still is, but it was a different good. It was free. It was without pressure, responsibilities, no sense of time, just a sense of play. I guess it can still be like that yea? In order to enter into the kingdom we must be converted and become like a child.

Ah, religion tells us to grow up, Jesus tells us to grow young. Religion tells us we need to know more, to attain more knowledge. While Jesus says, know less, be more dependent, become like a child, have faith in Me, learn to truly LIVE (Jn 10:10). Don't learn to grow up, learn to grow down. Grow down in humility, in dependency, in faith, in trust, with the heart and mind of a child, to simply believe that all things are possible with God. I think Peter Pan is a Biblical idea, haha. God don't ever let me grow old! Let me stay young and live in Neverland, a place where the supernatural is natural, anything is possible, life is fun and full of adventure with the Holy Spirit!

Haha, I used to watch Peter Pan at least once a week with the babies from my mom's daycare. Dude, just last night I had this random dream of "Christopher and Wesley Swanson" I have no idea where these two boys are, well they are probably teenagers now, but they were the cutest little two baby brothers in the world that my mom used to babysit. Really, they were like my best friends in junior high. We used to watch Sing A Long videos, Disney cartoons, play in my mom's daycare for hours after I got home from school. I still remember in high school, when I became to cool, or more like too busy to hang out with Christopher and Wesley at home cause I started playing with older kids. I remember still to this day, when lil Wesley, standing at the front door, with puppy dog eyes began to cry, asking me not to leave the house, but to stay and play with him. Looking back, I wish I did. I miss them so much, I miss KIDS! I wish I didn't have to grow up sometimes :( and u know what? I don't have to, at least in my heart.

Neways, all this to say. I did nothing today. Almost nothing, at least. I was sick for the first part of the day. That comes from 2 weeks non-stop of revival activity at UCLA, lol, serious, these last two weeks at UCLA have been nutz, REVIVAL IS HARD WORK! But it's also fun, but not when you do more than what the Holy Spirit asks you to do, then you end up sick like me :P But yeah, we saw like 9 new believers baptized in one week! Holy Spirit has been pouring Himself out on campus and in our simple church gatherings, it's been sweet. Haha, I'll write about "GOD 101" last week when I preached randomly (or Holy Spirit led) at Bruin Walk again, that was fun, there must have been like 150-200 students listening to me teach about God 101 and debate with 2 hard core Atheist's (this will be another blog entry)about a dozen or more gave their life to Christ, including 4 Muslim's we are following up on!

So with all that going on, Holy Spirit encounter to encounter, meeting to meeting, every person on earth (it feels like) wanting to talk, receive ministry, etc your body can only take so much before it collapses. So it collapsed Sunday night :P in a good way. After the PC 1 meeting, we all decided to put the Word into practice "to be more like children" so we went to Baskin Robbins :D yay! I had my favorite "mint chocolate chip 'extra ice creamy' milk shake" oh yes, I frikkn luv ICE CREAM!!!!

And then today, I did nothing, ate some bomb Chinese food with Auntie Sharon and Jinder and Jonder in San Gabriel, came home, met some old friends for Starbucks, and then sensed the Holy Spirit nudge me to spend time with Him.

So I did, and it's been a while since I just "soaked in His presence" without a care in the world, but to just be with Him. Not praying for ministry, not asking for solutions, not crying out for revival, but to just "bask in His presence" and just receive His love. Refreshing. Filled. Blessed. Happy. Great. Yes. Full. mmmhmm :) are just a few words to describe how it feels to be filled again, afresh with the love of the Holy Spirit! I just laid on the couch and waited on His presence for pretty much the whole night till now, and man, I feel MORE AWAKE then ever. I am filled wiht the Holy Ghost hahahahahhaha, I'M on FIRE! woohOOooooHooooHOoooOOOoooo! I LOVE THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!

So yeah, I feel good. dun nuh nun nuh nun nuh, I kno dat I would now! Good! So good! dun nun na nuh! I feel Good! etc... (this used to be theme song for the SF Giants back in the 80's) Ok, so I think I'm going delirious now, but it's a good feeling. Jesus loves me. The Holy Spirit is in me, I can feel Him, I am with Him, He is with me, I am in LOVE with God, I am in love with myself :) because God likes me! woohooo!

Come Holy Spirit come, bless every person that reads this to be filled with Your loving presence, that they may be refreshed and renewed in Your presence, because in Your presence is FULLNESS OF JOY!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!! (Ps 16:11) Be filled with the love and power of the Holy Spirit daily (Eph 5:17-19) yes, be like a child again, remain vulnerable, stay humble and have faith like a child and we shall see miracles :)

and always remember to take a day off to "rest" Jaeson, yes you A.D.D. boy! REST!!!!

7 Comments:

At 3/20/2007 08:44:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, i really loved this post. puts a smile on my face! to be like a child, sit at His feet and to just be so filled up with joy that you overflow till it's so infectious everyone's smiling too :)

 
At 3/20/2007 09:33:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're a bit high! ahhaha.. it's all good.. I like the " I feel good song" hahaha with all the "dun nuh nun nuh nun nuh" thing..

Well, have fun.. and rest up ! =)

-gRaCe-

 
At 3/20/2007 01:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jaeson is high on God!! yayyuhh. That's cool and it was quite refreshing. =) Soaking in the presence of the Holy Spirit feels VERY GOOD cuz it's like Him just loving on you, and liking on you. I am LIKED! SWEEEETTT!! LOVE THAT FEELING!! =)

But yeah, I need to learn to be like a child too. College is so ... stressful, and it kinda just forces you to grow up. I LOVE being a kid though. Carefree. =) Good ol' days.

Take care Jaeson! God Bless!

Kristina

 
At 3/20/2007 02:38:00 PM , Blogger Joyce Chuang said...

Left an e-mail for you...parallel lives...this is getting better and better!

joyce

 
At 3/20/2007 05:36:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

chyea!

 
At 3/20/2007 07:14:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go out play now!!!

 
At 11/03/2008 12:40:00 PM , Blogger paul kambulow said...

amen

http://witnessed.wordpress.com/2008/11/03/as-many-as-are-led-by-the-spirit-of-god/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home