Tuesday, July 26, 2005

God Sized Dreams: GRX


This last weekend was a blessing. God helped me finish my first Fuller class finals and all my readings/projects before I flew back up north to speak at Home of Christ 3 and GRX. I also got to say goodbye to my "old house" that I lived in for the last 10 years. Some interesting things happened in my room the night before I left. God met me, sorta like Jacob at Bethel. Holy Spirit reminded me that it was in that room that I learned His love, His presence, His power. It was there I made covenant with God to dedicate my life to His purposes. I almost forgot it was there I fell in love with Jesus. "Remember the Covenant Jaeson" I kept hearing in my heart as I looked out the window and prayed in the spirit. I remembered all the "memories" the "bethels" I had made with God in that little room of mine. It was where I received the God Sized Dreams. It was where everything began: intimacy with Christ. Those days of just waiting upon the Lord spending hours in His presence without a worry in sight, but simply just enjoying His presence. Better is one day in His presence than a thousand elsewhere. Amen :)

The below link has the message I gave at GRX this past Sunday. It was entitled God Sized Dreams.

http://www.grx.org/messages.shtml

Shalom,
jaeson

6 Comments:

At 7/26/2005 11:11:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi jaeson! i stumbled across your blog and found that we share similar passions! my heart resounds with your passion for church planting movements and missions. i'm actually in the los angeles area now and was wondering if we could meet up sometime. i know you're super duper busy, and probably may not have time, but keep in mind that i'm in marina del rey in an antipiracy company that's really close to you =). let me know, okay? i'll give you a call =)

 
At 7/27/2005 03:40:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God sized dreams...how apt. :)

It's a really beautiful thing, knowing that God made us to dream big :) And knowing that all things are possible with Him!

 
At 7/27/2005 06:41:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were visiting relatives and my eldest daughter suggested that we attend a church while we were in Sunnyvale. At first I was just going to attend my old home church but I decided to search the interent for churches nearby. I came upon at article about GRX. It was very close to our hotel. I doubt that any of this was by chance but God at work.

During the praise singing I could not help but notice a guy who was really worshipping whole-heartedly.

Little did I know it was you jaeson. Also little did I know that you were the guest speaker.

What a blessing it was to hear how God has and is working in your life. I was really touched by your message as it brought tears to my eyes to see someone who has sold out to Jesus! Many times I have felt discouraged by people who do not seem to want me to be that committed to Jesus. Thank you for sharing your wisdom and insight. I am reassured that it is right to dream God-sized dreams but to also worship God as creator and to NOT worship the dream. My prayers are with you! Thank you for blessing my family in a very special and memorable way.

Your brother in Christ!

 
At 7/31/2005 05:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You have done good to your servant, O Lord, in keeping with your word. Give me knowledge and good sense; for I have put my faith in your teachings." (Psalm 119:65-66)

Pastor Jaeson, Jesus loves you. I love you too.
Keep your in my prayer. Jehovahnissi

 
At 8/05/2005 11:11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just listened to the Word that you preached. Thats good preachin!

 
At 9/05/2005 09:02:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I wasn't able to attend my home church GrX the Sunday you preached, but luckily my fiance happened to buy me your sermon on CD. I just listened to it, and I just wanted to let you know that I was amazed by your heart's passion for God. I must've said "wow" at least 10 times. Thank you for sharing about God sized dreams...I'm continually seeking Him for how I might fit into His big plan. Praise God for He is good and God bless! =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home